Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Growing My Own Vege


 Unlike my sister who really has green hands, I am totally the opposite. She can grow anything from squash to strawberries in this humid weather of ours. But I was in mood of something DIY and so I set my journey to AEON Jusco to purchase a packet of chinese mustard seeds, drop by the neighborhood's nursery to pick up organic soil and on my way home, I found abandoned foam wine crates outside a liquor shop..lucky me!


I mix 3/4 of organic soil with 1/4 sandy soil, water the soil and sprinkle seeds



After 2 weeks



3 weeks later



4 weeks



Ready for harvesting



The fruit of my labor, or should I say the vegetable of my labor ready for stir fry. I fertilize with blended banana skin mixed with water and I watered them daily with rice wash. I guess it's true that people said gardening is therapeutic, you consume what you yourself grew, and feels good knowing that you are doing something good to yourself. So, what's next to grow?...maybe coriander? We'll see..

No comments:

Post a Comment